I may be a little late for the artichoke season, but this year we have always met our artichoke need with familiar recipes. I haven’t had the opportunity to work on new recipes. An artichoke season would not have been possible without olive oil artichokes. My other favorites in recent years are artichoke with fresh peas, artichoke with meatballs, and lamb artichoke. And the artichoke salad with yogurt.
Even though it is not very similar, I have a salad recipe that combines yogurt and artichoke today. Artichoke version of potato salad with yogurt. The artichoke adds a different flavor and lightness to the recipe. I made it from whole artichokes. You can also use whole or artichoke hearths.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 potatoes,
- 6-7 whole artichokes,
- 2 roasted red peppers,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 2.5 cups of drained yogurt,
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Clean and quarter the artichokes, put them in a saucepan and add enough water to pass over them and simmer until soften,
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and simmer in a separate pot until soften,
- Strain the potatoes and artichokes, take into a bowl and wait for them to cool,
- After cooling, add the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, chopped roasted peppers and chopped parsley and mix,
- Set aside the refrigerator for half an hour and serve cold.