Traditional Turkish Stew Recipe
Since the cooking time is a bit long, I decided to give this recipe especially on Friday. We know that our colleagues do not have that long to wait for a meal to be cooked on weekdays. I thought that those who can spare time on the weekend want to do it. Nowadays, when we can find the most delicious forms of summer vegetables, it is useful to take this opportunity. Let's use tomatoes, eggplant and pepper as much as we can. Even if we miss it in winter, we comfort ourselves at least because we ate plenty in summer :)
I cooked the recipe in a porcelain oven pot. If you have a casserole, you can cook it in a casserole like I do, or if you do not have any, on a deep glass tray. If your container does not have a lid, you can cover it with aluminum foil so that it does not touch the food.
If you do not like one of the vegetables I use, you can remove them, and add any other vegetables you like. For example, green beans and carrots will go very well. I used whatever is in the house, and you can do the same. A fridge cleaner, a savior meal, especially for days when vegetables are left at home by two and what to do with them. If you have a salad and a cacik with it, whatever else.
- 500 g chopped beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 potato, cut into cubes,
- 1 zucchini, cut into cubes,,
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes,
- 1 red pepper, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 2 tomatoes, diced,
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated,
- 1,5 tbsps tomato paste,
- 2 tsps ground red pepper,
- Salt to taste,
- 2 cus hot water,
- 4-5 tbsps vegetable oil.
- Heat a pan, add beef and saute for 10-15 mins., constantly stirring, set aside into a plate,
- Add oil and tomato paste to the pan, sautee until smells good,
- Add water and salt, stir well, remove from heat,
- Place onion and garlic into a stew dish,
- Add beef, potato, zucchini, eggplant and peppers respectively,
- Add tomato paste sauce over,
- Cover the dish with a lid or wax paper and aluminium foil and bake in a 200 C degrees pre-heated oven for 2 hours,
- Remove from oven, place the tomatoes on top and bake for another 30 mins.