Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
If you have always made chicken soup with cream or milk or have always thickened it using flour or egg yolk, it's the time for a change. You will understand what I mean after you try this recipe. It's both tasty and filling. Especially for those nights when you are craving a light dinner, this soup is ideal.
Because normally, soups are not the most filling dishes and if you only have soup for dinner, you find yourself hungry again in the middle of the night. This will not happen if you have this soup, because as I said, it's extremely filling and satisfying. Since it contains rice, it might not be ideal for your diet. But you can reduce the amount of rice in it if you want. Also this recipe is great for using up any chicken or rice leftovers from the day before. I really hope you give this hearty soup a try!
- 1 chicken breast (boiled and shredded),
- 1/3 cup rice,
- 1 onion,
- 2 green peppers,
- 1 tomato,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 2 teaspoons paprika,
- 4 cups warm water,
- 1 cup chicken broth,
- Black pepper,
- Heat the oil and sauté the finely chopped onion and peppers until softened,
- Add the tomato paste and stir for 2 mins,
- Add the paprika and stir,
- Add the diced tomato and cook until softened,
- Now add the water, chicken broth and rinsed rice,
- Add the shredded chicken and cook until the rice is softened,
- Add salt, black pepper and thyme, stir and remove from heat.