Artichoke Bulgur Pilav Recipe
Artichoke bulgur pilav is a type of pilav that is very popular with artichoke enthusiasts and is frequently made during the artichoke season. However, it is usually made with rice. To be honest, until recently, I was just making it with rice. One day, I intended to make another bulgur pilav and after washing the bulgur, I realized that the necessary ingredients were not available. I evaluated the options I had and decided to try the bulgur pilav with artichokes.
Since then, I've been doing it both ways. Because artichoke pilav with rice is also not a flavor to give up. Both have their own place in my hearth. That's why I do both from time to time. While the artichoke rice pilaf is more like rice, the artichoke bulgur pilaf is a bit like a main dish. That's why we sometimes make a çoban salata and cacık and eat it as a main course.
Artichoke rice pilaf needs a main dish. Although it contains vegetables, it goes well with light summer meals such as okra dish with olive oil and no stir eggplant stew recipe in the oven. Of course, it is an even more delicious meal with a summer salad like purslane salad.
In order for the artichokes to be soft in the rice, they need to be cooked beforehand. Since the peas and carrots are already cooked, it is added directly with the cooked artichokes, which is close to the water being absorbed by the rice. If you do not want to use store bought ingredients, you can boil carrots and peas together with artichokes.
Enjoy the recipe...
Artichoke Bulgur Pilav Recipe with Video
- 1 cup of thick bulgur,
- 2 Turkish style large cleaned artichoke (or 10 small artichoke hearths),
- 5 tablespoons of canned peas and carrots,
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 2.5 cups of boiling water,
- Salt to taste.
- Chop the artichokes into cubes, take them into a pot, add a cup of water and boil them until they soften,
- Take the olive oil in a large pan and heat it,
- Add the bulgur that you have washed and drained well and stir fry,
- Add water and salt, mix and close the lid,
- Cook on low heat until it almost evaporates,
- Open the lid and add the strained artichokes, peas and carrots and mix,
- Close the lid and cook until the water is completely absorbed.
Enjoy your meal...