Artichoke Hearts With Chickpeas
Everyone who knows artichokes with olive oil loves it, and those who try it for the first time they regret that they have not tasted it before. It's such a delicacy. I'm having great luck and bad luck with artichokes. I live in Spain, the world's largest artichoke producer. But unfortunately, artichokes are consumed only in leaf form and are naturally sold that way only. It's still great, I love it.
There are many delicious dishes such as olive oil artichoke stew recipe, artichoke salad with parsley, potato salad with artichokes made with whole artichokes. But this does not prevent me from missing dishes made with artichoke hearths, such as chicken artichoke recipe. Let me not be ungrateful now. I can find the artichoke hearths frozen. Just like in Turkey, one is not big enough to feed one person, it's smaller, as you can see in the photos. I mentioned it in the recipe, but I felt the need to explain it here as well. Take this into account when determining the portion.
Boiled chickpeas are used in the recipe. That's why it's added at the last minute. If you do not have ready to use chickpeas, you should boil them. You cannot boil and cook the chickpeas together with the artichokes, because this time will not be enough for the chickpeas to be softened.
You can serve artichoke bowls with chickpeas hot, warm or cold like all olive oil dishes in Turkish cuisine. If you ask my personal preference, it will be an incredibly delicious (and hard to believe, but light) meal with cold cacık on the side.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 4 large or 8 small artichoke hearths,
- 1 onion,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 cup of boiled chickpeas,
- Juice of 1 lemon,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 2 cups of water,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon of flour,
- Chopped parsley to garnish.
- Chop the onion into half moon shape,
- Take olive oil and onions in a wide-bottomed pot and turn it on medium,
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the carrot and add it to the pot,
- Arrange the artichokes on,
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and lemon juice by adding 2 cups of water in a bowl,
- Add the mixture to the pot,
- Close the lid and cook on low heat until the artichokes soften (if the water decreases too much, you can add 1 cup of boiling water),
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a few minutes more and remove from the heat,
- After it cools down, fill the artichoke bowls with a mixture of chickpeas, carrots and onions and pour the juice over them,
- Garnish with chopped parsley.