Artichoke with Olive Oil Recipe
Today I have a super light and healthy recipe for you. I also have a couple of tips concerning this recipe that I wanted to share with you. Keeping the artichoke hearts whole is definitely more presentation-friendly as you can see from the pictures. However if you don't care about the appearance, then cutting the artichoke into small cubes will both reduce the cooking time and allow the artichoke flavor to merge with all the other ingredients.
Squeezing lemon juice into the water will prevent the artichoke from turning brown. It is important not to let the artichoke get exposed to air for too long. Although, this will not affect the taste, browned artichoke is not going to be as appetizing in my opinion.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 4 artichoke hearts,
- 1 onion,
- 1 lemon,
- 200 g of frozen mixed vegetables,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 4 cups of water,
- 2 teaspoons of sugar,
- 2 teaspoons of salt,
- 2 teaspoons of flour,
- Minced dill.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice into the water in a large bowl, then soak the artichoke hearts into the water,
- Stir together the flour, salt and sugar in a small bowl along with 1 cup of the water/lemon mixture,
- Finely chop the onion,
- Sauté in a large pot with olive oil until softened,
- Add in the flour / water mixture and stir,
- Place the artichoke in the pot,
- Finally add in the rest of the water,
- Cook on low heat until the artichoke is softened,
- Fill the artichoke hearts with frozen vegetable mix,
- Spoon over some of the cooking water,
- Put the lid on and cook for 5 mins, then remove from heat,
- Let it sit (lid on) until completely cooled down,
- Serve with minced dill.