Before the end of the artichoke season, I wanted to share a new artichoke recipe in addition to artichoke hearts with meatballs, artichoke hearts with yogurt seasoning, artichoke salad with yogurt and whole artichoke soup. We can’t get enough of the artichoke this year. I probably mentioned it before. Spain is the world’s largest artichoke producer, and finding fresh artichokes during the season is easier than finding drinking water and even cheaper sometimes.
So many times when I go to the market thinking of what to cook I go home with artichokes in my hand. Last time I had a boneless chicken thigh in my other hand. So I decided to put the two together. I have used whole artichokes, but if you have you can use artichoke hearts as well.
The same goes for the chicken, by the way. I’ve used boneless thighs but you can use any part of the chicken. Just be sure to chop approximately the same size az artichokes so that the ingredients are cooked at the same time.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 500 g of boneless chicken meat,
- 500 g cleaned fresh artichoke,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 carrot, chopped,
- 1 cup fresh peas,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Heat the oil and add the diced chickens and sauté until the water evaporates,
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft,
- Add the tomato paste and sauté until it smells good,
- Add the chopped artichokes, carrots and peas and mix,
- Add enough water to cover it and cover the lid and cook until all ingredients are soft,
- Add salt and stir and remove from heat.