Kazandibi Dessert Recipe
Until I shared this recipe with you, I did 3-4 different experiments to achieve the taste I want. There are 2-3 recipes circulating on the internet. So I tried them all. If you have an intention to make a win and trust me based on the recipes I have given so far, forget all those recipes circulating on the internet. If you do them, you will never be able to eat them as you win. It can be pudding maybe but it won't a kazandibi.
If you have looked at the taste of the kazandibi you eat in a bakery or dessert shop, you may have noticed that it tastes a little bit of gum. There is no gum mastic in any of the recipes circulating. But I think the pastries never give us their true secrets. It is up to us to make predictions according to our own taste.
This is the best result I have achieved for myself as a result of the experiments I have made and the additions I made according to my own taste and experience.
The most necessary thing for a good winner is a very high-fat milk and unfortunately it is not possible for someone who buys milk from the market like me to have access to such milk. I also add cream to the milk to make up for this gap. If you have access to high-fat, good milk, you can also use 800 ml of milk instead of milk + cream
I used to do it in the tray, after I switched to the electric stove it became more convenient and easier to do it in the pan. I do the burning process without moving the pan in my favorite pan, where the bottom of the pan is fully seated, so it burns evenly. If you are using gas stove, it will be better to change its location frequently.
- 600 ml milk,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 2 heaping spoons rice flour,
- 1 heaping spoon corn starch,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- 1 tiny piece mastic gum.
- Whisk together the milk and heavy cream in a large saucepan,
- Add the rice flour, starch, sugar, and mastic gum and whisk until you get a smooth mixture,
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until thickened,
- Pour the custard into a 26 cm non-stick pan,
- Put the dish over the stove on high heat until the buttom is caramelized,
- Remove the dish from heat and set aside until completely cools down,
- Divide the custard into 4 slices and roll each slice.