- 2 artichoke hearts,
- 1,5 tablespoons flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
- Juice of half a lemon,
- 6 cups water,
- Black pepper,
- 1 handful freshly chopped mint.
- Place the water and artichokes in a large pot,
- Boil until the artichokes soften,
- Remove the artichokes from the water and dice them into small cubes, then put them back into the water,
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, lemon juice and egg yolk,
- Add 1 ladleful of cooking water into the mixture ( to temper the egg yolk) and whisk,
- Add this mixture into the pot and whisk well,
- Let the soup boil for 2-3 mins,
- Remove from heat, add the salt, black pepper and mint then stir.