Long Beans Salad Recipe
I've always loved long beans, but after I moved to Spain and struggled to find thin, tender green beans, I started cooking them more often. I started to make plenty of salads with yogurt or simply with lemon juice and olive oil.
Long beans are not very different from green beans in terms of taste in the long beans dish recipe. I think the tomato paste has an effect on this. However, the taste of long beans and its difference from green beans can be easily felt in the long beans dish with olive oil and this long beans salad.
You can eat long beans salad as a stand-alone meal, especially if you are on a diet. It will be a hearty meal with a soup suitable for your diet. However, it will be a delicious side dish alongside chicken dishes such as lemon chicken recipe, meat dishes such as içli köfte and fish dishes such as pan fried sea bream.
You can boil or steam long beans. However, they may take a little longer to steam. If you boil them, instead of throwing away the boiling water, you can use it as vegetable broth in soups or to water your houseplants.
Before serving the salad, do not forget to taste it and make the necessary arrangements.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of long beans,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Wash and drain the long beans and cut off the ends,
- Chop and take them into a sauce pan,
- Add enough water to cover them, close the lid and cook on medium heat until they soften,
- Strain the long beans, run through cold water and take them into a bowl,
- Peel and dice the tomatoes and add them to the long beans,
- Combine crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and mix well
- Pour the sauce over the salad and mix.
Enjoy your meal...