In the few last years lots of people stopped eating chicken because of the rumors about the antibiotics or gmo food given to the chickens. However, chicken meat is an important source of vitamins and minerals.
It is true that industrially produced chickens probably threaten human health, but this is not a reason to give up chicken meat entirely. There are reliable, organic brands. You can find good or bad versions of every food and chicken too. We do not stop eating fruits because they use pesticides, we try to find and eat the best, it is useful to do the same for the chicken.
If we come to the recipe… It is an easy to make chicken recipe. It will destroy the prejudice that chicken breast is something dry and tasteless. Of course, it is necessary to pay attention to some points. What makes chicken breast dry is generally overcooking, rather than undercooking. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful about removing chicken from heat before it dries, especially during the frying process. Chicken breasts are easily cooked as they are cut into thin slices. If both sides are cooked until beautifully browned, it will also be cooked inside. You do not need to cook it long after adding the sauce ingredients. It is enough to simmer it 15 minutes on low heat, just to set the sauce.
Enjoy the recipe..
- 2 whole chicken breasts,
- 2 lemons,
- 2 spoonful of butter,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 3 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water if you don’t have it),
- Dried mint.
- Cut the chicken breasts into two parts, then cut each piece in half horizontally (you will get 8 pieces in total),
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on them,
- Turn them over and sprinkle salt and pepper on the other sides,
- Heat the butter in a large pan,
- Cover the chicken pieces with flour and place them into the hot pan and cook both sides until completely browned,
- Add the minced garlic, juice of 1.5 lemon, chicken broth and salt to your taste,
- Slice the remaining half lemon in half moon shape and place them on the chickens,
- After it starts to boil, cover the lid and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.,
- During service, you can sprinkle with dried mint and chili peppers.