- 500 gr fava beans,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 tbsp tomato paste,
- 1/4 tbsp grounded red pepper,
- 3-4 cup hot water (for pressured cooker),
- Salt to taste.
- Wash fava beans and cut ends,
- Cut in halves,
- In a pan (preferably pressured cooker) heat vegetable oil and add onion,
- Cook until tender,
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 mins, constantly stirring,
- Add grounded red pepper and stir,
- Add fava beans and cook for 5 mins,
- Add hot water and cover the lid,,
- Cook until fava beans are tender (25-30 mins for pressured cooker).