Green Beans Borani Recipe
Turkish Language Association defines borani as a vegetable dish cooked with rice, egg or yoghurt. The word borani has a wide range of uses in Turkish cuisine. As mentioned in the statement of the Turkish Language Association, in a region a dish with eggs is called borani, while in another region a dish with yogurt can be called borani. What they have in common is that they are made with vegetables. Then you can wonder if vegetable dishes are called borani. No, not that either, there is a dish of green beans without borani. I will not be able to put borani in a place in my head, so that whenever the subject comes up, I start to think about its meaning. Sorry for including you to this brain storm.
Green bean borani is a recipe that may differ in the way of serving, but not in method. After the beans are cooked as in this recipe, they can be served by pouring the yogurt on top, instead of mixing it with the beans. I don't like the way it is topped with yogurt, because the beans seem so flat, they just look like bland boiled beans. However, it is seasoned with roasted onions and garlic and it is very delicious. Unfortunately, its appearance is insufficient to reflect its taste. For this reason, I prefer to mix the yogurt with the beans instead of pouring it over the beans. In this way, it is possible to serve the green bean borani both as a main course and as a salad. The peppered oil poured over adds extra flavor to it, of course.
- 500 g green beans,
- 1 onion,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 cup of greek yogurt,
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Remove the ends of the beans and cut them into small pieces,
- Take the chopped beans in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover them, close the lid and cook on low heat until they soften,
- Remove from the heat and strain,
- Heat the olive oil in a pan,
- Add the chopped onion and thinly sliced garlic and stir fry until soft,
- Add and mix the beans and salt according to your taste,
- Cook for a few more minutes and remove from heat,
- After the beans are warmed, add the yogurt and mix,
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan,
- Add the paprika and mix, remove from heat,
- Pour the sauce over the dish.