Green Bean Stew With Ground Beef
I shared stewed green beans, stewed green beans with meat, green beans with olive oil recipes previously. Green bean stew with ground beef recipe is also one of the very traditional ways of cooking green beans.
We generally eat green bean recipes with plain yogurt or cacık. Actually we eat almost every stew with yogurt I think:) Yogurt is one of the things you can find in every home at any time in Turkey. Yogurt is a kind of salad for us, not a dessert. When you add water and salt, it becomes ayran which is a delicious drink.
By the way I use non fat or low fat ground beef for stews. Because you use vegetable oil for cooking and when you use high fat beef you add extra fat to the stew.
Adding fresh tomatoes to the stews make them more delicious. If it is not tomato season, it is better to use canned tomatoes.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 gr green beans, chopped,
- 200 g low fat ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- Salt to taste.
- Take oil in a pot,
- Add the ground beef and cook until it changes colour,
- Add into the onions and sautee until softened,
- Add the tomato paste and sautee until smells good,
- Add the chopped tomato and paprika and stir well,
- Add the chopped beans,
- Sautee until the color of the beans gets dark green,
- Add enough hot water to pass 2 fingers over (add less water for the pressure cooker),
- Bring to a boil,
- Decrease the heat, cover the lid and cook until the beans are softened,
- Add salt, stir, bring to a boil and remove from heat.