- 1 kg grapes of any kind,
- 3 lt water,
- 1 tbsp chickpeas,
- 1 tbsp bulgur or wheat grain if you can’t find bulgur,
- 3 tsps salt.
- Wash and drain grapes,
- Place them in a big jar,
- Add in the water (make sure to submerge the grapes well),
- Add in chickpeas and bulgur,
- Cover the top of the jar with cheese cloth and tie the cloth using a thread,
- Store it somewhere dark and cool for about 20 days until the grapes sink to the bottom (for the first few days, stir everyday, then stir twice a week),
- Remove the cheesecloth, cover the lid loosely and keep it in the same place without stirring for 30-40 days more,
- At the end of this time drain our vinegar with a cheese cloth, stir in salt and transfer to narrow mouth glass bottles.