Traditional Turkish Kofte (Meatballs) Recipe
Kofta is a very traditional dish that is enjoyed by everyone, whether children or adults. It is also very practical to prepare for many dishes. Especially the fact that it can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator makes dry meatballs the savior of emergencies. Next to it, bulgur pilaf, rice pilaf, noodles, pasta... In short, anything goes.
I don't know if it's a childhood habit, but I make meatballs with pasta, or even more spaghetti. You know, meatballs and pasta are children's favorite food, I guess this habit has not changed at my age.
As I know better than myself, I usually make this menu when I have guests with children. Children adore them. For this reason, guests whose children eat their meals without any problems also have a good time.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500g of ground beef / lamb,
- 1 onion,
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 2 teaspoons of cumin,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Vegetable oil.
- Add the grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and spices into the ground meat and stir well with your hands until you get a homogeneous mixture,
- Make round patties out of the mixture and press with your palm to flatten them,
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan,
- Shallow-fry the patties on both sides.