For the eggplant base;
- 5 large eggplants,
- 6 tablespoons of plain yoghurt,
- 1 large clove of garlic,
- Salt to taste.
- 400 g medium fat ground beef,
- 1 small onion, grated,
- 1 carrot, grated,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 2 cloves garlic, grated,
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrums,
- 1’2 tsp black pepper,
- 1/2 tsp cumin,
- Salt to taste,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- 1 tbsp butter,,
- 1 tsp ground chilli,
- Chopped parsley for topping.
- Roast the aubergines directly on the cooker, or put a sheet of greasy paper on the cooker and cook until softens at 200 degrees in the oven,
- For meatballs, take all the ingredients other than the oil in a deep bowl and knead well and shape to the desired size and shape,
- Pour the oil in a large frying pan, heat and fry the koftas in medium heat (increase or decrease the heat according to the situation),
- Peel the aubergines while the koftas are frying,
- Mix the chopped eggplant, yoghurt, grated garlic and salt in a bowl,
- Share the mixture to serving dishes,
- Place the koftas on top,
- For the sauce heat bytter in a sauce pan,
- Add into the chilli and stir well, remove from heat,
- Pour the sauce over the koftas,
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.