Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
I chose a delicious soup dish recipe for today. If you say what is a soup dish, let me explain. I call the food which is called soup but filling as a main dish. For example chicken soup with chickpeas, minestrone soup and tomato soup with pasta are in this category for me. One feature of the soup is that it has wedding in the name but it is not cooked at the weddings.
Where does the name of the soup come from?
The Italian name of the soup is minestra maritata which means married soup. It is a name dedicated to bringing meat and vegetables together. But you can say translation error and I can say it's more meaningful, it has been transferred to English and American cuisine as wedding soup.
Italian wedding soup is a kind of pasta soup with meatballs. If you have the habit of freezing meatballs, you can also prepare and freeze tiny meatballs to use in this recipe which will add the recipe to easy recipes category.
You don't have to use broth in the soup, but it will be more delicious if you use it. If you don't have acini de pepe, you can use a small type of pasta, otherwise you can use vermicelli noodles. But all of these changes will naturally lead to flavor changes.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 250 g ground beef,
- 1 small egg,
- 1/2 onion,
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs,
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin,
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil to fry.
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 celery stalk, chopped,
- 1 carrot, chopped,
- 1/2 cup of acini de pepe pasta,
- 2 handfuls of chopped spinach,
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 cup broth,
- 4 cups of water,
- For meatballs combine ground meat, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, black pepper, cumin and salt in a deep bowl and knead,
- Roll in walnut sized meatballs,
- Heat oil in a large pan, add meatballs and sauté until brownish,
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan for the soup,
- Add the onion, celery stalk and carrot and sauté until onions are softened,
- Add water and cover and cook over low heat until the celery and carrot soften,
- Add the meatballs, pasta and broth and cook until the pasta softens,
- Check the consistency and add water if needed,
- Add salt and stir and remove from heat.