For the cake;
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 cup whole milk,
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts,
- 1/2 cup almonds,
- 1/2 cup walnuts,
- 3 cups all purpose flour,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract,
- 25 gr. baking powder.
For the ganache;
- 200 gr. bitter-sweet chocolate,
- 50 gr. butter,
- 1/3 cup milk.
- Powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder to decorate.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar until white and frothy,
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil,
- Add the flour, baking powder and vanilla and stir until you get a smooth homogenous mixture,
- Finally incorporate in the ground walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts,
- Pour into a greased springform pan,
- Bake in a 190 degrees Celsius oven until the top is golden brown,
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate and butter and mix with milk, then stir until you get a smooth mixture,
- Stir until it cools down,
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool,
- Trim the top of the cake to get rid of the dome,
- Pour the cooled ganache over the cake and even it out,
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder 30 mins before serving,
- If you want you can make a design on the cake using powdered sugar like I did.