Turkish Crying Cake Recipe
It's actually a sweet crying cake that doesn't need to be talked about too much. I think there are very few people who haven't tasted it before. Those who haven't heard of it or haven't eaten it will definitely try this recipe anyway.
How to Decorate a Turkish Crying Cake?
You can use ground dried nuts such as pistachios, hazelnuts and almonds that you think will go well with the crying slices of cake after pouring the sauce. You can also decorate it using coconut, coarsely chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.
What Can I Use Instead Of Whipped Cream In A Crying Cake?
There is a ready-made food in the recipe that I don't use very often. Whipped cream. Actually, I wouldn't use it in this recipe, but I didn't want to spoil the originality of the recipe. If you do not like to use whipped cream, you can make homemade whipped cream by whisking a pack of cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar until it thickens.
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- 100 g of butter,
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
- 1,5 cup of whole milk,
- 2,5 cups of flour,
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder,
- 25 g of baking powder,
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract,
- 1 cup of milk to moisten the cake.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- 1 cup of milk,
- 80 g of chocolate,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 tablespoons of sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter,
- Cream together the eggs and sugar,
- Add the melted butter, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and milk into the egg mixture,
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder,
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture slowly while whisking,
- Pour into a greased large rectangular baking dish,
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius (preheated) for 30-35 mins,
- For the frosting, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until you get stiff peaks,
- Refrigerate until you need it,
- For the chocolate sauce, add chocolate, butter and milk into a saucepan and cook on low until chocolate fully melts,
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder,
- Whisk for 1 more min and remove from heat,
- Remove the cake from oven, let it sit for 10 mins, then pour 1 cup of milk evenly over it to moisten,
- Once the cake cools down completely, spread the whipped cream frosting as an even layer,
- Pour the cooled chocolate sauce over the frosting.