Yogurt Cups for Breakfast
For a turkish person, the word yogurt means plain yogurt. We are not very familiar with the concept of fruit mixed and sweetened yogurts. Actually they are just packed junk food for us. In Turkey most of the people make their own yogurt at home, unsweetened and without fruits. Because the reason why yogurt exists is not to eat it as a dessert but to make delicious foods such as ali nazik or mantı.
But as the rest of the world started to learn to use plain yogurt the way we do, we started to use it the way they do:)
The most natural way to sweeten yogurt is to add some honey. It does not just sweeten it but also increases the taste. Adding some sour fruit balances the sweetness and it becomes an ideal breakfast.
You can use different fruits, such as blackberries, apricots, peaches, mulberries, etc.
Enjoy the recipes...
- 2 cups of plain yogurt,
- 2 tablespoons honey,
- 1 tablespoon chia seed,
- 1/2 cup oatmeal,
- 125 g of raspberries.
- Mix the yogurt, honey and chia seed in a bowl,
- Share half of the mixture into two cups,
- Share half of the oatmeal on the yogurt mixture,
- Place raspberries on top and put two tablespoons of yogurt mixture,
- Share the remaining oats,
- Share the remaining yogurt mixture,
- Cover with raspberries.