Avocado Salad With Yogurt Recipe
Eating avocado with cheese for breakfast in winter is my favorite way of eating avocado after the guacamole sauce. Interestingly as we have met recently, avocado has accommodated itself in Turkish breakfast very comfortably. Maybe this is one of the best things about Turkish breakfast. It can expand to any direction with new participants.
On the other hand I do not feel any need for avocado at breakfast in the summer, because I have fresh tomatoes and no matter how much you love something later in your life, it can never get over the taste of your palate of your childhood.
In summer, avocado with garlic yogurt turns into a delicious and refreshing salad in my hands. In fact, almost everything can be mixed with garlic yogurt in the summer, turning into a delicious and refreshing salad in Turkish cuisine. I've written this in one of my recipes before, but I can't find it now and I don't see any harm in repeating it. When you give a new ingredients to Turkish people, they either cook it with roasted onion and tomato paste or mix it with garlic yogurt and make salad. Since avocado is not a suitable ingredient to be cooked with roasted onion and tomato paste, its share from the Turkish cuisine is turning into a salad with garlic yoghurt.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 1 soft avocado,
- 3 heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- Salt to taste,
- Purple onions and greens to decorate.
- Peel the avocado and remove the seed,
- Crush the avocado with a fork in a deep bowl,
- Add yoghurt, crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt according to your taste and mix,
- Take the salad into a serving plate and decorate with minced purple onions and finely chopped greens.