Ali Nazik Kebab Recipe
I cook Ali Nazik Kebab pretty often, which is one of my favorite Antep dishes. If you have roasted aubergines at the ready, it is a dish that can be considered practical. If you have the habit of storing roasted eggplants in cans or by freezing them in the freezer, it is sufficient to mix your thawed eggplant with garlic yogurt and roast ground meat on it. The taste of this dish, which can be prepared so quickly, easily competes with many dishes that take hours to prepare.
Although it is prepared as a starter dish in some houses, I consider Ali Nazik Kebab as a main dish because it is quite filling. Even though it resembles a salad because of the eggplant mixture with yoghurt underneath, it does justice to the word "kebab" in the name of the roasted ground beef on it. In my opinion, serving a meat dish as an entrance dish and serving a main dish on top of it would be more of a nuisance to the guests than to give them pleasure. Share from the story; You may value your guests very much. But the way to show this value is not to upset them, but to let them eat as much as they want from the food they love. Therefore, avoid making unnecessary insistence on your guests.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 5 eggplants,
- 500 g of minced meat,
- 1 onion,
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste,
- 400 g plain yogurt,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Place the eggplants directly over the flame of a gas burner or barbecue or under a preheated grill, turning regularly, until completely blackened and soft,
- Place in a large bowl, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and leave to sweat for 10 minutes,
- Peel off and discard as much of the blackened skin as you can,
- Cut the stalks off the eggplants and chop,
- Add smashed garlic, yoghurt and salt and mix well,
- For topping, chop onion and fry with vegetable oil,
- Add tomato paste and stir until it smells well,
- Add minced meat and fry until browned,
- Add water and cook for 5 minutes,
- Add salt and black pepper,
- Serve minced meat mixture over eggplant mixture.