- 5 ripe tomatoes,
- 2 tablespoons butter,
- 2 tablespoon flour,
- 2 teaspoons paprika,
- 5 cups water,
- 1/2 cup milk (optional),
- To top: grated cheddar.
- Grate the tomatoes,
- Melt the butter,
- Add the flour and stir for 2 mins,,
- Stir in the paprika,
- Finally add the tomatoes and cook on low heat for 10-15 mins,
- Now add the water and milk and cook until the soup thickens,
- Add salt and remove from heat (you can blend the soup to make it smoother if you want),
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top.