Fluffy omelette became our favorite breakfast dish in quarantine days. The best part and the biggest advantage is that you can get a huge and very satisfying omelette with only 2 eggs. As we go out shopping once a week, we need to use fresh ingredients like eggs with caution. It is great to be able to use 2 eggs under these conditions and make a big satisfying omelette.
In addition to this advantage, the beauty of the recipe is its consistency. Fluffy omelette takes its is fluffyness from the egg whites. As in the cloud pancake recipe. It has a very very soft consistency; the tiny bubbles burst in the mouth and the cheese between the folds melts into a fluid consistency.
After egg whites are whipped to shaving foam consistency, they are mixed with the other ingredients. At this stage, the mixture has a foamy but fluid consistency. After the mixture is poured into the pan, the bottom browns in a short time and takes a nice color. But the top is still fluid. This is the same when you double the omelette. The inside cooks after folding. Since the top is still fluid and the omelette is quite thick, it does not stand steadily after folding, it is necessary to support it from back with a spatula to make sure that the joint and inside is cooked well. But don’t worry, it cooks in a very short time.
I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar as the filling, but this is entirely up to you, you can use any cheese that can melt. In fact, it is not necessary to melt, you can use other cheeses such as white cheese or curd cheese as well.
Apart from cheese, spinach, baked sausage, bacon, roasted ground meat and all kinds of ingredients that can be used in a normal omelette, can be used. It is entirely up to your taste.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1/4 cup of milk,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice.
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs,
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, flour and milk into a smooth consistency,
- Add the salt and whisk,
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks,
- Add the egg whites little by little to the egg yolk mixture and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture,
- Heat the olive oil in a 20 cm non-stick pan,
- Pour the mixture into the pan and level it over,
- Cook until the bottom is beautifully browned (you can control it with a silicone spatula by lifting it by the edges),
- Sprinkle the cheese on top,
- Double the omelet with a spatula,
- Lean the joint edge of the omelette to the side of the pan by supporting from back with a spatula until the edge is browned.