Serving : 10 Servings
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup plain yogurt,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup semolina,
- 1 cup flour,
- Zest of 1/2 lemon,
- 3 tsps baking powder.
- 3 cups sugar,
- 3 cups water,
- 1 slice lemon.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar until frothy,
- Whisk in the yoghurt and oil,
- Mix the flour, baking powder, semolina and lemon zest together and add it slowly to the wet mixture while stirring,
- Pour the batter into a greased 22*22 cm baking dish,
- Bake in a 190 degrees Celsius preheated oven until the top is golden brown,
- Once the cake cools completely, combine the sugar, water and lemon slice in a saucepan,
- Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until the sugar completely melts,
- Let it boil for 5 mins,
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 3-4 mins,
- Pour it over the cake
- Let it rest for 15-20 mins,
- Slice and serve.