- 1 cup semolina,
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar,
- 1,5 cup water (depends on the semolina, have 2.5 cups of water on hand),
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Melt the putter,
- Add the semolina and cook constantly stirring over low heat until the semolina turns lightly brown (20-25 mins),
- Add the sugar and stir,
- Add the water and cook stirring until the semolina absorbs the water,
- At this point you can add any kind of crushed toasted nuts if you want,
- Remove from heat and let it rest (lid on) for 15 mins.