Semolina Dessert Recipe
One of my favorite dessert recipes is semolina dessert with milk. It is such a simple but so delicious dessert that it would be surprising that it was not liked. It has 4 basic materials; milk, semolina, sugar and butter. These are the ingredients that are in the home of everyone who uses the kitchen all the time. Vanilla is used for flavoring, you do not have to use it, you may not. The coconut used for the top is also not necessary, instead, you can use any material that will prevent the top of the semolina dessert from contact with the air. For example, ground hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts or ground biscuits are good alternatives.
- 1 lt. milk,
- 1 cup semolina,
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar,
- 25 gr vanilla powder,
- 3-4 tablespoons shredded coconut.
- Add the semolina and the milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring,
- Add the sugar when the custard thickens,
- Continue cooking until the sugar melts and remove from heat. Add the vanilla powder and stir,
- Pour the custard into a wet dish,
- Smooth the surface of the custard and sprinkle the coconut evenly on the top,
- Let the custard cool down to room temperature and refrigerate,
- Slice and serve chilled.