- 1,5 cups semolina,
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts,
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter,
- 3 cups hot water,
- Cinnamon and frozen raspberries for decoration.
- Melt the margarine or butter in a large non-stick saucepan,
- Add the semolina and cook it over low heat continuously stirring, until it turns golden brown (20-25 mins),
- Add the sugar and walnuts and continue cooking for 5 more minutes continuously stirring,
- Add the hot water and stir for 1 minute,
- Remove from heat,
- Let the halva rest for 1 hour, then divide it into small dishes. Run a small knife around the halva to loosen, then carefully invert into dessert dishes.
- Decorate with a sprinkling of cinnamon or raspberries.