Spinach Revani Recipe
Serving : 10 Servings
- 3 eggs,
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt,
- 1/2 cup spinach puree (cooked in steam and then blended),
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup semolina,
- 1 cup flour,
- 3 tsps baking powder.
- 3 cups sugar,
- 3 cups water,
- 1 slice lemon.
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 1 cup confectioners sugar,
- Grounded pistachios.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar until frothy,
- Whisk in the yoghurt, spinach puree and oil,
- Mix the flour, baking powder and semolina together and add it slowly to the wet mixture while stirring,
- Pour the batter into a greased 22*22 cm baking dish,
- Bake in a 190 degrees Celsius preheated oven until the top is golden brown,
- Combine the sugar, water and lemon slice in a saucepan,
- Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until the sugar completely melts,
- Let it boil for 5 mins,
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 30 mins.,
- Pour lukewarm syrup over lukewarm cake,
- Let it rest for 15-20 mins,
- Whisk heavy cream and confectioners sugar and spread on top of revani,
- Sprinkle grpunded pistachios.