Olive Oil Eight Ball Zucchini Recipe
Eight ball zucchini is the zucchini I find the most delicious. I usually prepare it as kabak dolması (stuffed zucchini). But when I'm planning to cook eight ball zucchini, but we ate biber dolması (stuffed peppers) or sarma (rolled wine leaves) in the previous day, I am making this olive oil eight ball zucchini recipe with less rice.
Those who have followed me for a long time already know my classic olive oil cooking style. I do the olive oil stuffed Girit in more or less the same way. Since I do not use flour in olive oil dishes where I only use rice, I do not use it in this recipe either. Like all olive oil artichoke recipe and olive oil carrot stew, rice acts as a thickener.
As with all olive oil dishes, you can serve the olive oil eight ball recipe hot, warm or cold. Especially if you are going to make it for guest tables, the advantage of being able to prepare it one day in advance is the best part of olive oil dishes.
While olive oil dishes can be the main course alone, they can also be served as an appetizer at big dinner parties. One of the tasks that I love to give to olive oil is being a side dish beside the main course. For example, pilaf or potatoes do not fit with a rich dish such as ali nazik kofte with kebab, it does not complement the meal. But a lukewarm green beans with olive oil stew is a light complement as well as lightens the contrast between the hot meatballs and the cold eggplant base and provides a nice balance in the menu. You can also use olive oil crete squash as a complement to menus where rice is heavy.
- 4 eight ball zucchinis,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 4 tablespoons of rice,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1/2 cup boiling water,
- 1 handful finely chopped dill, mint or parsley.
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion chopped for cooking and mix,
- While the onions are cooking over low heat, chop the zucchini in half moon shape,
- Add them to the onions, close the lid without mixing, and cook until the zucchinis release water,
- In a bowl, mix the juice of half a lemon, water, sugar and salt,
- Add the mixture to the pan and mix,
- Add the rice and mix, cover and cook until the rice is soft,
- Serve hot, lukewarm or cold, sprinkled with chopped greens.