Stuffed Zucchini Flowers Recipe
Stuffed zucchini flowers are very popular in Aegean region of Turkey. If someone who goes on a vacation to the Aegean region does not share a photo of stuffed zucchini flowers, he is not even considered to have gone on vacation. I also tried a lot of stuffed zucchini flowers in the Aegean region. I've eaten at places that are called doing the best, I haven't seen anything close to the one I do at home. They don't use enough ingredients. I check the filling, there's only rice. Come on, pine nuts and currants are expensive, I understand, but at least add a few spices, chop some dill and parsley, and let it have a flavor. The zucchini flower is a delicious thing on its own, but it doesn't just taste good, the filling has to be delicious as well.
Stuffed zucchini flowers, which I made myself with this recipe, is the best stuffed zucchini flowers I have ever eaten. The recipe is almost the same as stuffed peppers with olive oil. After all, there is no need to search for adventure after you find a recipe that fits your taste in recipes such as sarma, dolma and meatballs, you can use the same recipe for all kinds.
As you can see from the photo, my flowers were a little small, there were 25. But this number changes every time. I try to fill the flowers according to their size and try to finish the filling. Since they are not all the same size, it is impossible to give a measure of the amount of filling per flower, it is essential to adjust it. Keep plenty of zucchini flowers on hand. If you can't use all of şt, you can place the left overs under the stuffed flowers while cooking. If the filling is left over, you can fill it into peppers, tomatoes or other vegetables that can be filled and cook them with the zucchini flowers. If you don't have anything to fill, you can freeze and use it later.
None of the spices used in this recipe dominate the flavor of the stuffing. They all come together to create a brand new flavor. Therefore, do not change the amounts unless you have a very important reason.
Gently wash zucchini flowers before use. Be sure to check the insides, there may be insects or flies, they may not come out with water.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 25 zucchini flowers, washed and drained,
- 1 cup rice,
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts,
- 2 tablespoons of currant,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon sugar,
- A handful of chopped parsley,
- A handful of chopped dill.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil to a large pan and add the pistachio nuts, sautee for 3-4 min.,
- Add the onion and cook for 5 more minutes,
- Rinse and drain the rice and add into the onions,
- Cook, constantly stirring until the rice become transparent,
- Add salt, sugar, currants, allspice, cinnamon and pepper,
- Add 1 cup of boiling water, close the lid and cook until the water is absorbed,
- Add dill and parsley and stir,
- Fill the zucchini flowers with the filling and place into a pot,
- Add 1,5 cups of water and the remaining olive oil into the pot,
- Cover the lid and cook in medium-heat until the rice is fully cooked,
- Serve cold.