Fried Zucchini Blossoms Recipe
Zucchini blossom is an ingredient commonly known with stuffed zucchini blossoms. Actually, I like the stuffed blossoms the most, but sometimes I also make this fried zucchini blossoms stuffed with cheese as an appetizer. Although the fact that it is fried can be a little demoralizing, there is nothing to be bothered when it is done once in a while.
In recipes that have a healthy alternative such as baked potatoes for french fries, the healthy alternative is generally preferred. But there is no point in having a guilty conscience in recipes that cannot be baked or cooked by any other method, such as fried zucchini blossoms. If you're going to feel so bad, not doing it is also another alternative. If you absolutely want to do it, don't think about the health part then. Stuffed zucchini blossoms are prepared with olive oil, but even they are not totally innocent. It is also a carbohydrate-rich dish.
Now let's come to our main topic, the recipe for fried zucchini blossoms. To put it simply, zucchini blossoms are stuffed with a cheese mixture and cooked using the tempura method. You must know the tempura method from recipes such as fried mussel skewers, lalengi, fish and chips. Tempura can be summarized as immersing the ingredients in a liquid floury batter and frying them in hot deep oil.
Zucchini blossoms stuffed with cheese mixture are also dipped in a liquid batter and fried in hot deep oil. The cheese mixture is entirely up to you. Usually a mixture of cheese and chopped greens is used, but roasted red pepper adds a lot both in color and flavor. So if you have it at hand, I suggest you to use it.
After frying the zucchini blossoms, you should serve them immediately. If they have to wait somehow, they can be filled with cheese mixture and kept raw, and before serving, they can be covered in batter and fried. It will not take time as they cook in a very short time.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 12 zucchini blossoms,
- 1 cup of crumbled Turkish breakfast cheese or feta cheese,
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese,
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley,
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill,
- 1 roasted red pepper,
- 1/2 cup of flour,
- 1/2 cup of water,
- Any type of oil for frying.
- Mix Turkish cheese, cheddar cheese, parsley, dill and finely chopped pepper in a bowl,
- Fill the mixture into the zucchini blossoms,
- Whisk flour, water and salt in a separate bowl,
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan,
- Dip the zucchini blossoms in the batter and fry them in hot oil,
- Remove them from the oil and place into a strainer,
- Serve immediately.