Although not being the most loved vegetable, zucchini is a life saver in the kitchen. Even the ones who claims that they hate zucchini, has one or two zucchini dishes they can eat. Zucchini patties or fried zucchinies are the first recipes that come to my mind.
Vegetable dishes that are not cared much decreases the value of vegetable dishes. Most of the people chops the vegetables too big for example. You shouldn’t need a knife to eat vegetables, they should be chopped in small pieces that can fit three or four pieces in a spoon.
Increasing the care you show for a dish by %10 increases the taste of the dish by %100. For example just adding a pinch of sugar and lemon juice to an olive oil dish makes it far more delicious. In some recipes it’s pepper and in some dried mint. All you need is to care the dish you cook.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1 kg zucchini, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 3 tbsp rice,
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar,
- 1 handful of finely chopped dill, mint or parsley.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add into the onions,
- Add into the chopped zucchini, stir and cover the lid,
- Cook in low heat for about 15 min.,
- Add into the tomatoes and cook until the zucchinis are almost tender,
- Add into the rice, stir, cover the lid and cook until the rice is tender,
- In a bowl combine lemon juice sugar and salt and mix until the salt and sugar is dissolved,
- Add the mixture into the dish and stir,
- Cook for a few mins. more, remove from heat,
- Add into the chopped dill and stir.