Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
This is a lemon ice cream recipe that everyone will love. Aside from the perfection of its flavor and consistency, it is not necessary to take it out and beat it every half an hour like other homemade ice cream recipes made without a machine. It isn't icy as the amount of water in the ice cream mixture is too low. When you place it in the freezer and just wait, it freezes in a creamy consistency. After 24 hours, it gets very hard and it doesn't claim to not get hard. But after you put it in the refrigerator and wait for a while before serving, it comes to the consistency that can be taken easily from the container and no matter how long it waits, it does not lose its creamy consistency, it just hardens.
When you prepare it at noon and put it in the freezer, you will have the perfect ice cream in the evening. When you invite guests for the evening, you can prepare your dessert at noon, for example. The only problem you will have is to convince your guests that the ice cream is home made.
The essence of the recipe is very similar to the lemon curd recipe, by the way. A recipe with a high amount of egg compared to the amount of other ingredients used. Does this result in egg smell in the ice cream? I answered this question in the lemon curd recipe. If you have this question in mind, you can read the explanation part by clicking on the recipe link.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 eggs,
- 3 lemons,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 300 ml of heavy cream.
- Grate the yellow peels of the lemons with the thin side of the grater and squeeze out the water,
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a sauce pan until a smooth consistency,
- Add the lemon peels and lemon juice and whisk,
- Add the cream, whisk and cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until set,
- Stir frequently until it is completely cooled, preventing the crusting,
- Take it into a large container suitable for freezer after it cools down, lift it to the freezer and keep until it freezes completely,
- You can serve it immediately after freezing.
Enjoy your meal...