2 Ingredients Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
This chocolate banana ice cream recipe is one of the recipes that can be described as a miracle. It consists of only two ingredients, vegan, healthy, practical and hard to believe but very, very tasty. Previously, I shared many ice cream recipes that are obtained by blending only frozen fruit. They were all delicious recipes. Just like this chocolate ice cream recipe.
Apricot ice cream, peach sorbet and black mulberry sorbet are slightly sour versions. The taste of chocolate banana ice cream is sweet, it has cocoa and banana aromas. Of course, its sweetness depends on the sweetness of the banana you will use. The sweeter the banana you use, the sweeter your ice cream will be. For this reason, ripe bananas that will spoil if they wait for another day are very, very suitable for this recipe.
You can even slice and freeze overripe bananas, and when you crave ice cream, you can blend them in a food processor and get a delicious and healthy ice cream in a few minutes. If the banana's own sugar is not enough for you, you can add sugar or, as a healthier alternative, honey. But do not forget that the taste of honey will be felt in the ice cream.
Although I personally love honey as honey, I do not like the predominance of honey flavor in recipes where it is used as a sweetener. If you've tried it before and you like it, it's fine, but if you haven't tried it before and you don't know if you'll like it, it's better to just try a small amount on your first try. That way, you don't have to eat something you don't like just to finish it.
If you like having particles in the ice cream, after you reach to the ice cream consistency, you can add chocolate chips or small pieces of chocolate and blen a little more until you reach the desired size. In this way, the cocoa/chocolate flavor will also be strengthened.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 ripe bananas,
- 2 tbsps of cocoa powder.
- Peel and slice the bananas into rounds and arrange them in a tray suitable for freezer use, lined with greaseproof paper, so that they do not touch each other,
- Place it in the freezer for about 2 hours, until they freeze,
- Take them from the freezer and place in a food processor or blender,
- Add cocoa powder,
- Pulse until you get a smooth consistency,
- You can eat it right away, or you can take it into a glass container suitable for the freezer and leave it in the freezer with the lid closed for a few hours, then serve it in a harder consistency,
- If you want to store it longer, you can store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.