- 1/2 kg vanilla gelato ice cream,
- 2 egg whites,
- 1 cup hazelnuts,
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut,
- 3 cup unsweetened corn cereals,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Take the ice cream out of the fridge and let it soften for 10 mins,
- Divide the ice cream into four pieces and form each piece into a smooth ball using your hands,
- Dip each ice cream ball into coconut, wrap with plastic paper and put back into freezer for at least 2 hours,
- In the meantime, finely process the hazelnuts, cereals and cinnamon together in a food processor,
- Unwrap the ice cream balls and dip them first into beaten egg whites and then into the ground hazelnut / cereal mixture,
- Repeat the previous step one more time to double-dip,
- Wrap again with plastic wrap and put back into freezer for another 2 hours,
- When you are ready to serve, heat vegetable oil in a frying pan with high sides,
- Place the ice cream balls in hot oil and deep-fry for 20-30 seconds,
- Serve immediately.