Tahini Ice Cream Recipe
I promised to share the tahini ice cream recipe last summer. I couldn't make it that time but now is the time. I intend to mark the summer with this tahini ice cream recipe with a small amount of ingredients and a lot of taste.
I prepared the tahini ice cream recipe using Maras ice cream method. My favorite consistency among homemade ice creams is Maras ice cream. I know that sahlep is an expensive ingredient, but if you do not eat ice cream day and night, I think there is no expense that cannot be covered. But if you want to eat tahini ice cream day and night, then I will share one tahini ice cream without sahlep. Just because you want it, not because I love tahini ice cream.
By the way, if you have not tried maraş ice cream before and you do not know the method of making, you can watch the video of the recipe for maraş ice cream. The method of preparation is the same, the only difference is tahini. It does not cause a change in the method either.
- 500 ml milk,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 1 wipe tablespoon pure sahlep powder,
- 1/2 cup tahini.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the milk, sugar and sahlep powder,
- Cook on medium high heat until it starts to boil, stirring constantly,
- After it starts to boil, keep stirring and cook for one more minute and remove from the heat,
- Add tahini and whisk,
- Blend it with an immersion blender until it becomes at room temperature (you can put it in an ice-filled bowl to speed it up),
- Pour the mixture into an oven container around 20 * 26 cm suitable for the freezer and put it into the freezer,
- Take it out and blend it every half hour until it thickens completely,
- After it gets thick (you can eat immediately if you wish), take it into a container with a lid suitable for the freezer and put it into the freezer.