Gnocchi With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce Recipe
Gnocchi is a classic Italian pasta, but it is also made under different names in various countries in Europe. It is a delicious recipe that contains potatoes in its dough and is more practical than other homemade pastas. After learning the tricks in the cooking course we had the opportunity to attend during our trip to Italy, I wanted to share the pumpkin version with you. If you are wondering how to use the pumpkins left aside before the summer, this recipe is a good opportunity.
Once you've prepared the gnocchi, you don't have to cook them all at the same time. You can freeze them so that they do not touch each other and store them for up to six months.
Enjoy your meal...
Gnocchi With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce Recipe with Video
- 4 potatoes,
- 2 cups of flour,
- 2 eggs,
- Salt to taste
- 250g of diced pumpkin,
- 1.5 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of butter,
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese,
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- For sauce boil pumpkins until tender and drain,
- In a skillet pan melt butter and add pumpkins,
- Cook for five mins. in low heat,
- Add milk and combine with a blender,
- Cook for 2-3 mins,
- Add salt and black pepper and remove from heat,
- For gnocchi boil whole potatoes in salted water until tender, about 25-35 minutes. Do not overcook. Test how cooked they are with a fork,
- Peel as quickly as possible while potatoes are still hot,
- Press through a potato ricer and allow to cool,
- Work potatoes, egg, salt and flour into a dough,
- Shape into two rolls of about 1 cm diameter. Cut into 2 cm pieces,
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil then reduce heat so the water is only simmering,
- Cook gnocchi until they float to surface,
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well,
- Serve immediately with heated pumpkin sauce.