Today we are welcoming minestrone soup which is one of the rare Italian recipes known worldwide apart from pasta and pizza. It’s not surprising that it has pasta inside. All other ingredients, except pasta, are possible to be changed. I’m not exaggerating, maybe there are thousands of different minestrone soup recipes around the world. As such, I made my own minestrone soup with the ingredients I chose.
It is called soup, but in fact, according to Turkish food understanding, it is a main dish.
If the Italians hear, they would go crazy, but the yogurt goes very well with it:) I mixed plain yogurt with a little bit salt (you can add garlic also, of course) and pour it over while serving. I could not get enough of it. If you haven’t tried minestrone before, take this recipe as an excuse. If you tried before, try it again with yogurt.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1/2 cup red beans,
- 4-5 green beans, chopped,
- 1 celery stalk, chopped,
- 1 potato, chopped,
- 1 cup of pasta of your choice,
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- Grated parmesan cheese,
- Roast the onion in the olive oil,
- Add the tomato paste and roast until it smells,
- Add the red beans, the chopped green beans and the celery stalk and mix,
- Add enough water to pass over,
- Cover the lid and cook until the beans are soft,
- Add the potato and cook until tender,
- Add the pasta and cook until tender,
- Add the salt, mix and remove from the heat,
- Sprinkle over grated parmesan while serving.