Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
This year, I wanted to include pumpkin, the symbol of autumn, among the different hummus recipes and share the pumpkin hummus recipe. Moreover, the fact that the pumpkin does not feel too dominant in the hummus will be a good starter for those who want to use the pumpkin in other recipes than pumpkin dessert but cannot get used to its taste.
You can decorate the hummus however you want. But stir frying pumpkin the way I did it both gives a clue in terms of its content and creates a nice image with its color. Parsley and black cumin seeds with their contrasting colors also suit this riot of colors. You can also use sesame seeds instead of or in addition to black cumin seeds.
It is not necessary to peel the chickpeas after boiling them. But when peeled, you get a much smoother consistency. If you don't want to deal with this peeling thing every time you make hummus, you can boil and peel a lot of chickpeas on a spare day, add some of the boiling water and freeze them. When you want to use it, you can use it by thawing it in the refrigerator.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 cup of dry chickpeas,
- 200 g of pumpkin, sliced,
- 4 tablespoons of tahini,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1 clove of garlic,
For the topping;
- 1 slice of pumpkin,
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika,
- Chopped parsley,
- Black cumin seeds.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight,
- The next day, drain the water and take them in a pressure cooker, add enough water to cover and boil until become soft,
- Place the pumpkin slices in a sauce pan, add enough water to cover them, simmer them with the lid closed, drain the water, wait for them to cool,
- Drain the cooked chickpeas and set them aside,
- Peel the chickpeas one by one,
- Take boiled pumpkin, boiled chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, half a cup of chickpea juice and salt into a food processor and grind until it reaches a smooth consistency,
- Transfer the mixture to the serving plate,
- Chop a slice of pumpkin into small cubes,
- Heat 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan,
- Add the pumpkin cubes and stir fry,
- Drain the fried cubes from the oil,
- Add the paprika to the hot olive oil, mix and remove from fire,
- Drizzle the pepper oil over the hummus,
- Place the pumpkins,
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and black cumin on top.
Enjoy your meal...