Porcini Mushroom Pasta Recipe
One of my favorite cuisines is Italian. One day, while I was thinking about what makes me so happy about Italian cuisine, I found the answer I was looking for; smells. In Italian cuisine, smells come before flavors. Especially the smells of certain ingredients used in many dishes seduce people before the taste. The main ingredients that make this are basil, parmesan and porcini mushrooms.
They blow your mind, especially when combined with other ingredients. Such as combining basil with tomatoes, as in eggplant parmesan or margherita pizza recipes, or combining heavy cream with porcini mushrooms, as in the porcini mushroom sauce recipe.
Just like in the porcini mushroom sauce recipe, porcini mushrooms, cream and parmesan come together in the porcini mushroom pasta recipe, creating a legendary smell and taste. Food first conquers you with its smell, and while you eat it, it shakes you in the cradle of its smell rather than its taste.
The sauce is prepared in a very short time. So there is no need for any preliminary preparation. If you start the sauce as soon as you start to simmer the pasta, the two will be ready at about the same time. In this way, in minutes you will prepare a pasta with the taste of a pasta made in a very good restaurant in Italy. This quality, of course, depends on the quality of the ingredients you use. It is very important that all the ingredients you use are real and good quality. For example, do not use cheddar instead of parmesan. Pamesan is not a cheese, but a flavoring. For this reason, there cannot be a cheese alternative that has almost no flavor. If it is not possible to use parmesan, it would be better to use a scented and aromatic cheese such as old cheddar rather than colored cheddar. If you cannot find it, it would be better not to use it at all.
Enjoy the recipe...
Porcini Mushroom Pasta Recipe with Video
- 500 g of any type of pasta you want,
- 40 g (a handful) of porcini mushrooms,
- 500 ml milk or heavy cream,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 tablespoon of flour,
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese,
- Salt to taste,
- Black pepper,
- Grated nutmeg.
- Cut porcini mushrooms into small pieces,
- Add boiling water to them, set aside for a few minutes and then strain them,
- Boil plenty of water in a pot and add salt according to your taste,
- Add the pasta and cook until it reaches the consistency you want,
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and stir fry,
- Add milk/cream and mix quickly,
- When the lumps disappear, add the mushrooms and parmesan,
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sauce begins to boil,
- When the sauce starts to boil, add salt, nutmeg and black pepper, bring to a boil and remove from heat,
- Drain the pasta water,
- Add the sauce to the pasta, mix and cook for another minute, continuing to stir over very low heat,
- You can grate extra parmesan on top while serving.
Enjoy your meal...