I have always loved the combination of mint and chocolate. Well, this recipe uses this amazing flavor combo in a cake. The result is a fresh, light and delicious cake. I know it sounds a little unusual but I hope you give this recipe a try.
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup whole milk,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 2,5 cups,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder,
- 1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder,
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint,
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Pulse mint in a food processor until pureed,
- Add olive oil and pulse a few sec. more,
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until white and frothy,
- Whisk in the milk, vanilla extract and oil,
- Add in 2.5 cups of flour and baking powder slowly while whisking,
- Pour half of the batter in a separate bowl and mix with cocoa powder,
- Stir in the mint puree into the other half and mix,
- Now pour some of the cocoa batter in the centre of a greased 26 cm baking pan, wait until it spreads out, then pour in the same amount of the mint batter,
- Repeat this pattern until you use up both kinds of batter,
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.