Coconut Cookies Recipe
I have an economic but delicious cookie today. This is one of the traditional cookies of Turkey. What? Coconuts and Turkey? Yes we love to adopt foreign ingredients and make "traditional" tastes with them.
Wait until we all become acquainted with avocado:)
About the cookies recipe... Please don't skip to use the butter at room temperature. It's really important for the consistency of the dough. The flour amount can always change according to the ingredients you use. Use the flour carefully, don't add all of it at a time.
Pre-heat the oven. If you don't, your cookies can expand while cooking, but we don't want them to change shape. Just a few cracks on top is enough.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 egg,
- 100 g butter, at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 1 cup of grated coconut,
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- Combine egg, butter, sugar, 3/4 cups coconut and baking powder in a deep bowl,
- Add the flour gradually and knead until you get a soft dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Make small balls and cover with grated coconut,
- Arrange them on the oven tray and cook in 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until they start to crack,
- Turn off the heat and wait 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven.