Pumpkin Seeds Cookies Recipe
Today, I have a recipe that will be loved by those who love crumbling cookies. Especially if you like pumpkin seeds, this cookie can become your favorite cookie recipe. While pumpkin seeds were used mainly as nuts in the past, they started to change their place. We can now easily find pumpkin unshelled pumpkin seeds. So why not use them more often?
When it comes to pumpkin seeds, the first recipes that come to mind are bread and grissini breadsticks. But I think it is unfair to confine pumpkin seeds to savory recipes. In fact, it goes well with desserts as well. You can see pumpkin seeds as an alternative to walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds for cake or cookie recipes.
There are two main points I want to highlight about the recipe. These are not just special to this recipe, but applies to all recipes containing flour and sugar. Since everyone's tastebud is different, the amount of sugar they want to feel in a cookie will also change. For this reason, the amount of sugar in each recipe should be adjusted according to the palate. Someone who has baked something sugary several times before, has more or less learned the right amount for theirselves. I recommend that those who will try it for the first time should taste the dough before baking (or more general, before reaching the point of no return). Let's not pass mentioning the amount of flour. The amount of flour will also vary according to the other ingredients used and the type of flour. Therefore, it should always be added little by little, by controlling the consistency of the dough.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g of butter, at room temperature,
- 1 small egg,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Coarsely chop the pumpkin seeds with a knife,
- In a deep bowl, mix butter, egg, powdered sugar and baking powder together,
- Add the flour part by part and control its consistency and knead until you get a soft dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Add the pumpkin seeds and knead until it is spread evenly,
- Roll them into hazelnut sized balls and place them into a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170 degrees until they crack slightly,
- Turn off the heat, keep it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
Enjoy your meal...