Brownie Cookies Recipe
I would like to introduce you to a different cookie than the classic cookies. Brownie cookies, as the name suggests, do not have a crunchy cookie structure. It has a soft wet wet texture like a brownie. Its taste is too good to describe in words.
I garnished it with chopped pistachios. Color and flavor matched very well. If you don't have pistachios, you can also garnish with coconut or ground hazelnuts. It is possible to add hazelnuts or walnuts in it. But I recommend adding it very finely so that the cookies do not fall apart.
You can also use margarine instead of butter. But, as I always say, remember that butter gives better results, especially in cookies.
If the butter or margarine is at room temperature, it means that it is in a consistency that can be easily absorbed when you press it with your finger. When you use thicker oil, your dough will not come together and take shape. When you are going to apply the recipes where you need to use butter at room temperature, I recommend that you take your oil to room temperature the night before and keep it waiting.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 125 g of butter at room temperature,
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 1 egg,
- 2.5 cups of all purpose flour,
- 2 tbsp of cocoa,
- 2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1.5 cups of milk,
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- For syrup take sugar and milk in a skillet pan,
- Stirring constantly and simmer until boils,
- For cookies in a mixing bowl mix butter, vegetable oil, sugar and egg,
- Cream together with a fork until you get a smooth texture,
- Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture,
- Knead until you have reached a cookie dough consistency,
- Make walnut sized balls and place on a baking sheet,
- Bake ina 180 C degrees preheated oven for 20 minutes,
- When you take out from oven, immediately dip the cookies in the syrup and place on a service plate,
- Let the cookies rest for 1 hour before you serve.