Bakery Style Butter Cookies Recipe
Bakery style cookies were a phenomenon during 90's in Turkey. It was possible to see them in weddings, birthday parties or that kind of crowded activities.
But they have been forgotten in time. Of course, absence of quality may have an effect on this. Sometimes they could be stale. Also, when they were all filled in a box, they became piecemeal. Especially if the sweets and the savory ones were put in the same box, you wouldn't taste the sweet or salt. In fact, they were really delicious, but couldn't get the value they deserve. Was it difficult to put sweet cookies and savory cookies in separate boxes?
Anyway, let's talk about some nice things. When you make those cookies at home with quality ingredients, you can see how enormous they actually are. Moreover, it is possible to make different kinds of cookies with just one dough.
The consistency of the dough is squeezable with a piping bag, but it is also soft enough to be shaped manually. So you can either squeeze it with a piping bag or you can shape them with your hands to make a standard cookie.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 125 g of butter at room temperature,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1/2 cup cornflour,
- Vanilla powder with the tip of a knife,
- Chocolate, caramel, jam / marmalade, ground pistachios, coconut to decorate.
- In a deep bowl beat butter and egg yolk with a hand mixer,
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and whisk until completely mixed,
- Combine the flour and cornflour in a separate bowl,
- Add the flour and starch mixture to the butter mixture little by little until it gets a soft but manually shapeable consistency,
- Put the mixture in a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on a baking tray covered with wax paper in circle, stick or dot shapes,
- Put half a teaspoon of jam in the middle of circles (for caramel fillings leave some of them empty),
- Put one big drop of chocolate in the middle of dots,
- Put the tray to the refrigerator for 15 minutes. to rest,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until the edges are lightly browned,
- After you remove them from oven, put 1 tsps caramel in the middle of empty circles,
- After it is completely cooled, take one of the sticks and spread jam on back of it and stick with another one and dip them in melted chocolate, cover with ground pistachios or grated coconut.