Flourless Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Today's recipe is a delicious cookie for those who are allergic to gluten and those who try to eat low carb. They are easily prepared and a healthy choice for sweet emergencies:)
As I mentioned in the recipe, you can use almond, walnut or hazelnut flour in the recipe. I used almond flour, and if I'm not mistaken, the easiest flour to find is almond flour. You may be wondering what is the difference between almond flour, hazelnut flour and walnut flour from the ones processed from whole almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts with a food processor at home. Since they have been purchased as flour, they are really dry, like all purpose flour. If you pulse the hazelnut or almond yourself at home, it will become liquid because they contain oil. But the store bought flours are made after the oil is taken. So they are more appropriate for being an alternative to regular flour . They are also a better fit for this recipe too.
But, if you don't have any chance to use store bought flour and you have to pulse whole almonds, don't pulse them too much, just pulse until ground. You may need to reduce the amount of egg whites or increase the amount of ground almonds also, as you will not use dry flour that can absorb liquid.
You can also add coarsely ground walnuts or hazelnuts instead of chocolate drops.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 egg whites,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 2 cups of almond, walnut or hazelnut flour,
- 1 cup grated coconut,
- 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder,
- 1/2 cup chocolate drops.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar until fluid,
- Add the cocoa powder and beat,
- Add almond flour and grated coconut and mix,
- Add chocolate drops and mix,
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and place on a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Wet the back of a teaspoon (soak before each cookie) and smooth them,
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees until dry.