Carrot Cookies Recipe
With the cooling of the weather, carrot-cinnamon cake fairies began to flock to many homes. That cake will be baked many times over the winter, there is no escape. But you don't have to get that amazing carrot-cinnamon flavor and smell from the cake alone. Although there are many varieties of carrot cinnamon recipes, most of them are derivatives of carrot cake. One of the slightly different versions of them is carrot cinnamon cookies.
If I need to explain more clearly, I can say: if carrot muffins and carrot cake with frosting are siblings with carrot cake, carrot cinnamon cookies are cousines. While the similarity of the first three can be understood at first glance, it is necessary to taste the carrot cinnamon cookies to understand that they are from the same family.
Carrot cinnamon cookies are just as delicious, fragrant and soft as carrot cake. I'm sure those who love soft cookies will love this recipe. You must have tried my chocolate chip cookies and soft cinnamon cookies recipes that I shared before. Although the consistency of the carrot cinnamon cookies resembles to their consistency, it is an even softer cookie. It's kind of like a cookie-shaped cake. Of course, this consistency is a consistency that can be obtained if the cookie is baked in the appropriate amount and time. It is also possible to obtain cookies that will break your head when overcooked.
Is Brown Sugar Necessary?
The main thing that gives the cookie this soft consistency is brown sugar. So if you want to make a soft and elastic cookie, brown sugar is a must. If you don't have such a request and if a crunchy-hard cookie will do the job, you can use the same amount of white sugar instead of brown sugar.
Another thing required for a soft consistency is the baking time as I mentioned above. The baking time of the cookies will vary depending on your oven, whether your oven is fully heated beforehand, the tray you use, the size of the cookies and even the humidity in the place you live. Therefore, giving time while sharing the recipe will work for only 20% of those who will try the recipe and it will mislead the remaining 80% and cause them to get hard or raw cookies.
The thing I get the most complaints about is that I don't give cooking time in recipes. These variables I mentioned above are the reason why I don't give time. Many people think that when I give time they will cook it in a controlled manner, but unfortunately they do not do that. Whenever I give time for recipes by highlighting that the time may change, I get comments like "You wrote three minutes, I cooked for three minutes, it burned/remained raw.". Believe me, It's not about me, I've already written that you have to pay attention to the time.
I can't look at these cases as someone wasted theşr own ingredient and money. We have limited resources in the world, and one day they will come to an end. That's why I feel equally upset when food is wasted, even if it's someone else's.
I'm sure you're not like that, you are very careful and open-minded, but giving time makes many people feel comfortable and forget to act in a controlled manner while cooking. But remember, all cookies burn if you forget.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 150 g butter at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of white sugar,
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 3 cups flour,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 2 small or 1 large carrot.
- Mix butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon and baking powder in a deep bowl,
- Peel the carrots and grate with the coarse side of the grater,
- Add the grated carrot to the egg mixture and mix,
- Add the flour little by little and mix until you get a very soft, sticky dough,
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let it rest for 30 minutes,
- Remove from the fridge and scoop the dough into a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees until they start to crust over and start to change color slightly from the edges.
Enjoy your meal...