Wet Cake Recipe
Wet cake recipes that do not contain raw eggs in the sauce are more popular than wet cakes with raw eggs. Consuming raw eggs is a health risk thing, yes, but I think our avoidance of raw eggs has nothing to do with health concerns. If we were that conscious, we would be disgusted with sugar. As a country, we have a learned negative feeling towards raw eggs. When asked, we rationalize it by saying "it's not healthy", but this is emotionally unreasonable hatred, as far as I've observed. Raw eggs are bad. Why is that? Because it is unhealthy (as a matter of fact, I don't know why either, I just learned that from my mother).
Do not look at what I am saying as if I do not belong to this group. Me too, that's why I know them. In order to eat raw eggs, it must either be a matter of life or death, or I have to receive a large payment. The same is true for raw milk for me by the way. I don't know how my family created such a strong prejudice, but I think they deserve a congratulations. But I wish they did the same for desserts. Although then I would not be talking about this subject in this article :)
Anyway, let's close this tasteless bet and talk about this wonderful recipe.
What is the consistency of the wet cake?
It's soft like cotton, it's not so wet or doughy as when you take the slice, it's just wet, the cocoa taste is clearly felt.
How to Store Wet Cake?
You can store it at room temperature in winter, but keep it in the refrigerator in summer. Cover the oven tray with cling film so that the refrigerator does not smell and dry out. Covering a tray on it will not have any effect as it will not block the air intake.
You can consume it without loss of flavor or consistency for up to 3 days, and then it is eaten, but not with the same pleasure.
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 2 cups of milk,
- 1 cup of vegetable oil,
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa,
- 1 packet of baking powder.
- Take sugar, milk, and cocoa in a deep bowl and whisk,
- Take 1 cup from the mixture and set aside,
- Add vegetable oil to the remaining mixture and whisk,
- Add the eggs one by one and beat,
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well,
- Pour the mixture into a greased 23 * 30 cm baking pan,
- Bake the cake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven until the toothpick comes clean,
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 mins., then stick a toothpick all over the cake and make tiny holes (so that the cake will absorb the sauce better),
- Pour the mixture you separated over the cake,
- Cover the baking pan with a plastic wrap and set aside until it cools down.